School Holiday Day Camp
A day camp is provided for children Kindergarten through 5th Grade on the days throughout the year when Cobb County Schools are closed. Camp hours are 9:00 am to 4:00 pm with early care beginning at 7:00 am and After Care until 6:00 pm. Camp Fee is $25 per day.
Contact the church office at 770-422-5130 for more information.
Helping Hands Fund - Covenant offers love and care to individuals in the community who are in need of immediate housing, utility aid, gasoline for automobiles and immediate food on a one time basis as the need arises.
Handy Helpers - A group of individuals who are available to help the elderly or singles with simple home repairs.
M.U.S.T. Ministries is a locally based community ministry which supports those who need a helping hand. Monthly Covenant members donate items to help supply the food pantry. Each summer our church provides 500 bag lunches each Sunday for a month so that young children will have something to eat on Monday. Each Fall we participate in the Back to School Festival collecting school supplies and back packs for needy children in our community.
AHADI is Swahili for Covenant. In 2014 Covenant partnered with a community in Kiambu County, Kenya to offer hope and funds through a variety of ministries. Our ministry now includes four projects:
Education: Scholarships for students in two schools, Kiambururu Secondary School and Handege Secondary School Kiambu County, Kenya who without our support would have to drop out of school due to poverty. Scholarship funds are provided, as well as school supplies, to support needy students. We have been able to help 98 students to date with tuition and school supplies. In addition we are supporting several college students who have completed high school as they further their education and training.
Small Animals Project: Through the Presbyterian Women we have provided funds to purchase 200 chickens and feed providing a small business for needy women in the community. Rabbits have also been purchased to breed for food.
Improved Housing: Families of the students in the schools which we support who are in need of improved housing have been identified through our contacts in Kenya, Gladys Muchoki and Moses N. Gichuhi. To date we have provided funds for four homes to be upgraded.
Nursery School Project: New in 2016. Funds have been provided to upgrade a classroom and build one new classroom for Munyaka Nursery School and to upgrade the furniture - chairs and tables - for Ebeneneza Nursery School in Maruru. These two school are supported by the Presbyterian Church in East Africa congregations that our dear friend Gladys Muchoki now serves.
“Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you.”
Presbyterian Church USA Related Ministries
Through funding and active participation the following agencies are supported by Covenant Presbyterian Church.
• Cherokee Presbytery
• Special Offerings of Presbyterian Mission Agency • One Great Hour of Sharing • Pentecost Offering • Christmas Joy Offering
• Presbyterian Homes of Georgia • Thornwell Home for Children • Presbyterian Disaster Assistance Program
Pastoral Care Committee - Covenant has loving individuals prepared to offer support for members of the church when needs arise. Care of shut-ins is provided through a group who visits regularly those in Nursing homes or personal care homes and send cards. When members are hospitalized a group visits. Members who are homebound due to short-term illness are helped by those who visit, sit with, provide meals and run errands. And a group provides food for receptions and families in crisis.
Covenant Presbyterian Church U.S.A. • 2881 Canton Road • Marietta, Georgia 30066 • 770-422-5130
Copyright 2016 Covenant Presbyterian Church. All Rights Reserved
Disciples of Jesus Christ are on a quest to develop a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ. As Presbyterians we believe that happens as we study, discuss, struggle and embrace scripture with other Christians. Therefore, Covenant provides opportunities for all ages to interact with scripture in ways that will transform lives. We are committed to the words of the Great Commission.
Worship is central to who we are as Presbyterians. Our very breath comes from Worshiping God! The community of faith, gathered faithfully in response to God’s call, is formed and shaped through its worship of God. Worshiping faithfully is the most visible expression of our faith in God. Worship at Covenant is characterized by hope, joy and grace for scripture encourages us to worship him.
Central to the gospel message is the great commandment to love God and to love our neighbors. Following the resurrection on the day of Pentecost the church of Jesus Christ was begun. We believe that our love of God and neighbors begins as we love one another within the community of faith and open ourselves to our surrounding community in loving ways. We are intentional about how we go about sharing our love for scripture.
Opening Our Facility to Community Organizations
Covenant believes in sharing our church facilities with community organizations. Currently the following organizations meet at Covenant:
• North Cobb AA meets Monday and Thursday evenings at 8:00 pm
• Al-Anon meets Monday and Thursday evenings at 8:00 pm and Wednesday and Friday at 1:00 pm
• Al-A-Teen meets Monday and Thursday evenings at 8:00 pm
• Narcotics Anonymousmeets on Tuesday evenings at 7:00 pm and Saturday mornings at 11:00 am
• Boy Scout Troop 750meets Monday evenings at 7:15 pm
• Cub Scouts Troop 057meets Tuesday evenings at 6:30 pm
• Girl Scout Troop 13423 meets on Wednesdays from 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm.
• Hispanic Congregation of the Apostolic Missionary Church meets on Friday evenings for Bible Study and on Sunday evenings for worship from 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
• Railroad Club meets on the 2nd Friday of the month at 7:00 pm
• Stonecress Garden Club meets on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 7:30 pm.
• Cobb County Board of Health Babies Can’t Wait meets every other Friday at 10:00 am
Our Christmas Shoe Box Ministry through Samaritan's Purse collects shoe boxes full of toys and toiletries during November each year to be shipped overseas to children around the world.
On the Sunday of the Super Bowl we collect $1 from each one in worship as well as canned goods brought that day. All proceeds go to support M.U.S.T. Ministries.
• We gather to Worship God each Sunday at 11am and leave ready to serve through the week in the Master’s name. All are invited to join us.
• Children’s Church is provided weekly following the Time with Children in Worship for children 3 through 1st Grade.
• Nursery is provided for infants through 3 year olds from 9:45 am through 12:00 noon during Sunday School and Worship weekly.
• Our worship is enhanced by our MUSIC MINISTRY which is open to anyone who desires to “make a joyful noise to the Lord” and enjoys music. Opportunities in our Music Ministry include:
- Adult Chancel Choir - Weekly Worship Sundays 11 am - Rehearsal Wednesdays 7:45 pm - 9:00 pm.
- Adult Handbell Choir - Rehearsal Wednesdays 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Children’s Choirs - Practice at 9:45 am on Sundays
Serving others is central to the life of a Christian. Covenant provides a variety of ways for our members to serve among the needy in Cobb County, throughout the United States and overseas. We are committed to giving 10% of our financial resources and a significant portion of our life together away to others. Christ’s words ring true for us.
“Beloved, let us love one another, because love is from God; everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love.” I
“Worship the Lord with gladness; come into his presence with singing...enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise.”
Psalm 100:2, 4.
Adult Opportunities to Learn
• Adult Sunday School Classes.
- Seekers - A Bible Study class taught by an excellent Bible scholar with materials provided to read in preparation for the class
- Wonderers - A Christian book study class that chooses a variety of books and video series to read together or watch together and discuss the implications for their lives.
- Pastors Class - This class meets periodically usually in the fall and winter for two 13 week units.
• Presbyterian Women at Covenant are organized into three circles where women meet monthly for Bible study, mission work and fellowship. Two circles meet during the day - one on the first Tuesday of the month and the other one the first Wednesday of the month - and the third meets on the first Saturday morning of the month.
- A Ladies Bible Study meets once a month on the third Wednesday of the month at 10:00 am
• Exceptional Class - A class designed for the mentally handicapped. This class has been a part of our ministry for over 30 years. The class meets during our worship hour enabling parents to attend worship while their youth and adult children are being taught the faith.
• Children’s Sunday School - We provide a broadly graded Children’s Sunday School for 4 year olds through 5th graders. Using the denominational curriculum Growing in Grace & Gratitude our children hear the biblical stories, reflect on where they see grace at work and learn how to respond with gratitude to the good news.
• Covenant Pre-School - Covenant, for over 45 years, has been providing a half-day preschool experience for children who are 1 year old through 4 year old. Check out the Preschool tab to see more detailed information including registration information.
Covenant is one of 13 host congregations supporting Family Promise of Cobb County. We provide lodging, three meals a day and caring hospitality four times a year for a week at a time on a rotating schedule for families in transition. We support the network of churches by providing regular volunteers, meals and funds.
“Just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.”